|PHOTO COURTESY RON MORIN SPORTS PHOTOGRAPHY|
Check out what's in store for this year's "Pink in the Rink":
- Doors open at 5pm for breast cancer survivors, with free mini-massages offered for survivors in the SHIPYARD Lounge.
- The first 600 women attending the game will each receive a courtesy flower.
- Prior to the drop of the puck, survivors will be honored in a special ceremony at center ice.
- MAINEiacs Jerseys & Goalie Sticks raffle. Enter to win one of the MAINEiacs' pink jerseys or one of the goaltenders' pink sticks!
- Mid-Coast Hospital's Breast Health Center raffle. Make a donation at the Breast Health Center's information table and automatically get entered into a raffle with wicked good prizes, including a steak & lobster dinner, plus an overnight stay, at the Driftwood Inn on Bailey Island; a professional massage; a handmade chocolate bouquet; a hand-crafted walking stick; and many other wonderful goodies. (Must be present to win; winners will be announced after the start of the third period.)
- Between the second and third periods, two local women's hockey teams will duel it out. Each goal scored during the women's game will generate a $50 donation to the Breast Health Center, courtesy of local businesses.
- An opportunity to mingle with the MAINEiacs' players, coaches, and staff after the game.
Last year's "Pink in the Rink" game played in front of nearly 2,900 fans and generated more than $4,000 in contributions for the American Cancer Society. This year, we aim to top those numbers and then some. Donation cans will be available throughout the rink!
The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League and its 18 member teams each participate in "Pink The Rink" events throughout the month of October, raising over $200,000 annually in the fight against breast cancer!
Tickets to the "Pink in the Rink" game vs. the Victoriaville Tigres. can be purchased for just $10 each ($4.50 saving off the box office price) at the following locations:
Simones' Hot Dog Stand (Chestnut St. - Lewiston)
Bedard Pharmacy (College St. - Lewiston)
Bedard Medical (Lisbon St. - Lewiston)
Play it Again Sports (Maine St. - Brunswick)
Just Framing (Front St. - Bath)
Tickets may also be purchased by contacting Rita at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Crystal at Crystal.Derocher@cancer.org. $10 tickets can be bought in bulk too! For every $10 voucher sold, the American Cancer Society will get $4!
For information about the Breast Health Center, visit www.midcoasthealth.com/breasthealth, and for information about the Oct. 17 "Making Strides Against Cancer" walk, visit www.facebook.com/BrunswickStrides
See you this Friday for Pink The Rink!
This Sunday It's 10/10/10 Day with the Lewiston MAINEiacs!
10 Great Reasons To Be a MAINEiac:
$10 Tickets For This Game versus Victoriaville Only - Watch these emails for further instructions!
10 = Combined number of TOTAL goals scored by both team means EVERYONE in attendance receives one 'Be Our Special Guest' voucher for Wednesday October 13th's game versus Chicoutimi!
10 Fans will win MAINEiac Family Packages (4 tickets [2 adult. 2 youth] 4 Pepsi. 4 Popcorn)!
10 Fans will shoot to win 2010-11 Season Packages!
10 Fans will win MAINEiac Branded Gear!
10 Fans will win special Captain autographed MAINEiacs T-Shirts!
10 Fans will win MAINEiacs Team Pucks!
10 Fans will win 'Be Our Special Guest' voucher for October 20th game versus Shawinigan!
10 Fans will win 'Be Our Special Guest' voucher for November 3rd game versus Quebec!
10 Fans will win 'Be Our Special Guest' voucher for November 14th game versus Baie-Comeau!
Not to mention it's MAINEiac Tailgate Sunday! Bring the grills, sticks & balls and enjoy an afternoon with Lewy's Legion in the lot at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee prior to the game! Gates open at noon!
LOOK for the MAINEiacs!
The Lewiston MAINEiacs will be at upcoming events around the region:
LA Arts - US Air Force Band Concert at Lewiston Middle School Saturday 10/9 at 7pm
The team will be guests of the Auburn City Council at the council meeting of October 19th at 7pm.
Any group or organization who would like to have the MAINEiacs participate can send an invitation to: email@example.com attention Amanda Flint.