Advertise With the CMSB!

Friday, October 8, 2010

DJ Abisalih Named New Play by Play Voice of Lewiston MAINEiacs


PHOTO RON MORIN

The Lewiston MAINEiacs are pleased to announce that Alex Reed has informed the organization that he has accepted the position as the new radio voice and Director of Media Relations for the Wheeling Nailers of ECHL. Current radio color analyst & Team Communications representative DJ Abisalih will take over as the MAINEiacs lead radio role.

The announcement comes with mixed emotions for Reed, who started with the organization in October of 2007.

"I can't say enough how grateful I am for the opportunity the MAINEiacs organization has given me over the years. This team gave me a chance to start my career, and it has been an amazing experience with a lot of memories," mentioned Reed. "The toughest part is leaving behind this community. I have met so many wonderful people, and I have made lifelong friends here. I am really going to miss everyone."

His radio partner of the past season greeted the news with mixed emotions as well.

"Alex was an incredible person to work with. I am very grateful that he had the confidence to bring me aboard last season, giving me the chance to get my foot in the door," Abisalih said. "I will definitely miss working with him, as he and I developed a great friendship, as well as strong on-air chemistry."

For Reed, it's a step up to the next level, and he's looking forward to his opportunity with Wheeling.

"I am excited about the opportunity to move up and advance my career to the professional hockey level," emphasized Reed. "The Nailers organization has a vast hockey tradition, and I look forward to being a part of that."

As for Abisalih, he acknowledges the positives for both men, and his own good fortune.
"This is a tremendous opportunity for both of us," noted Abisalih. "Alex gets to advance to the next level, and I get to have my own play-by-play job, which is something I have craved for quite some time. To get that chance at age 23 and in a league like the QMJHL is surreal."

Reed's last game as the radio voice of the MAINEiacs will be Sunday, October 10th. Abisalih's first game as the new play-by-play host will be Wednesday, October 13th.

The Lewiston MAINEiacs would like to thank Alex Reed for his service to the organization for the past three seasons, and wish him the best of everything in the time ahead.
-LEWISTON MAINEiacs-

Obviously, this impacts CMSB Media as we lose our fantastic play by play voice for the 2010 Maine High School Football Championships on 96.3 FM The Big Jab Presented by Messer Truck Equipment. 


Alex was amazing in our 1st broadcast last year and will be sorely missed. We couldn't think of a guy who is more deserving of moving up hockey ladder. He is a true pro, and we are much better for knowing him. Best wishes and break a leg to Alex and his future. 


CMSB Media and MBR.ORG will announce a replacement for Alex to partner with Coach Rob Munzing on Novermber 20th. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CMSB Search